Monday 4 July 2016

Welcome freaks!

So, what is all this about?

La Cage aux Folles was a French movie I knew as a kid (re-made as "The Birdcage" with Robin Williams). Since I'm not homosexual or a transvestite, I changed that into Freaks - et voilĂ , that's how this blog got it's name. And then lay unused for a long time...
I decided to re-vive this now.

A few words about me.
I'm quite often the odd one out. I'm the Myers-Briggs Type INTJ (leaning a little towards INFJ). According to the internet that makes me the 1%. And maybe it explains a lot.
I'm a woman. And introvert. A geek and a probably a nerd. I'm curious. Atheist. I'm a computer scientist. I'm German. I like anime and fantasy books and science fiction and rock music and cats. I'm single.

I decided to write about my life as the freak, about the way I try to deal with being the strange one.
Though I'm not yet sure where this exactly will be going (or if it will be going anywhere at all).


This blog is supposed to be a place for the odd ones out.
There's all kinds of ways to be odd ones out. The introvert among extroverts, the geek among mainstreamers, the homosexual among heterosexuals, the immigrant among natives, the one with mental problems or physical disabilities...
Feel free to comment and tell your stories. If you want to write a guest post, just tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment